SPRING is in the air – by Juliette, founder of Tame The Bull
I always feel tired in Spring which is a common thing as Winter absorbs all of our vitamins. This year is even worse because it is still Winter in May and we have just moved houses which appears to be in the top 5 of stressful events. I am afraid I can agree to that because I feel super, super tired!! Next, I have great difficulties in finding my routine as everything is new. From where I have stocked items to where I buy my groceries to new sounds and views. And we moved from a city to a village (nearby the city). Oh wow. That is pretty something to me. Especially Mondays to Fridays are a bit hard as these used to be ‘my’ city playtime days. I would go for a lunch yoga session or a coffee break or just pack my laptop to a coffee corner and work from there. I can still do that, but it needs more planning and travelling. Anyways, because of this all, I have totally lacked any form of routine previous weeks (no proper cooking, no proper workout) . The result is that gained weight whilst loosing energy (if I had any left that is). So time for some reminders on how to turn these. From experience I know that the following tips and tricks do work (for me), so join if you want:
- Reduce on alcohol and coffee
- Have herbal teas instead and preferably make them fresh e.g. from ginger and lemon or fresh mint with honey
- Start the day with a glass of warm water with the juice of 1/2 squeezed lemon and end the day with some probiotics
- Don’t cut down on the amount of food, but focus on eating proper food like quinoa, sweet potatoes, avocado’s, seasonal fruit and vegetables, raw nuts.Trust me, you won’t be hungry and you’ll still lose weight if you find the foods that work for you. In general, the foods mentioned work well for everyone.
- Eat every time you feel hungry but just eat something small. Or drink a juice:
- Reconnect with your juicer and blender and drink a lot of juices! If you think this is too much work (which it is), than buy them at a juice store and/or eat raw veggies and pieces of fruit instead. I normally do 2/3 veggies and 1/3 of fruit to make it tasty. Don’t think too much of what to juice or blend, whatever you have is good! There’s a lot of stories about too much sugar when using fruit or a loss of fibres when juicing but I have never experienced any negatives. I also do milkshakes by the way but obviously not with milk but with almond or soy milk. Blend it e.g. with frozen blueberries mjummmie.
- Do a minimum of 30 minutes work out per day. E.g. start with some yoga in the morning and end with a nice stroll at night.
- For snacks have some nuts or if you crave for sweet, make your own granolabar (search the internet for a recipe you like or see below) or have some banana with honey and cinnamon
- Cut out the oils so sprinkle your salads with a mix of lemonjuice and honey and grill your fish or meat (only for weight loss purposes because good oils of course are very healthy)
- Ban all processed foods
My healthy and easy to make granola bar (and super tasty):
- Mix 120 grams of oats with 20 grams of flaxseeds, 20 grams of chiaseeds, 4 big fresh dates chopped, 50 grams of chopped pecans and/or raw almonds
- Blend a large ripe banana with 3 spoons of honey and 2 spoons of cinnamon and add to the above to make it a smooth mass. Add more honey if needed (it needs to get a little bit sticky)
- Add a hand full of blueberries
- Spread out on a baking paper and put it in the oven for 25 minutes on 180C
I have started the healthy routine yesterday and I’ll let you know in 4 weeks again how I feel by then! If you join, please share your experiences!
Wishing you a beautiful Spring XXX